Welcome to Episode 1353, in which Cynthia Chaplin interviews Sean Ou in this instalment of Voices, on the Italian Wine Podcast. Sean took part in the Vinitaly International Academy Ambassadors Program this year in Verona.
About today’s guest:
He served the highly acclaimed Singapore Airlines as a Sommelier and Trainer for 11 years before clipping his wings. His long aspiration to become a Master of Wine has led him down the path of achieving the elusive WSET Level 4 Diploma. In addition to being a Wine Communicator, his repertoire also extends to being a Sake Specialist and Spirits Evangelist.
His past professional experience also spans across serving as Head of Wine for Southeast Asia under the SARMENT Group and currently he sits as the Head of Education for the BEVERAGE CLIQUE ACADEMY.
• Japan Sake & Shochu Association (Support Desk SEA)
• ASI Bootcamp 2022 – Sake Masterclass speaker
• Wine Advocate’s (Robert Parker) Matter of Taste 2015, 2016, 2017
• Dr. NK Yong’s Charity Gala & Masterclass Sommelier 2014, 2017
• Singapore Airlines F1 Paddock Suite designated Sommelier 2016
• FHA – ProWein Asia 2018 & 2020: WSET Sake Masterclass Speaker
• Channel News Asia LUXE palate TV host for Dalmore Whisky 2018
• Asian-based Johnnie Walker brand advocate
• Dialogue Panellist for Alcoholic Strategies in Asia Conference 2018
• JFOODO / Food Japan Sake Masterclass Speaker 2019
• IWSC Panel Judge
• IWC Associate Judge
• Sommelier Association of Singapore
• Hong Kong Wine Judge Association (Judge member)
• 15th Tower Club Wine & Whisky Awards – 3 Golds & 3 Silvers
For more about Sean Ou’s Other Professional Credentials, please visit:
About today’s Host:
Cynthia Chaplin is a VIA certified Italian Wine Ambassador, a professional sommelier with FIS and the WSA, a member of Le Donne del Vino, and a Professor of Italian wine and culture. Born in the USA, she’s lived in Europe since 1990. Italian wine, in particular rosé, is her passion. She works with embassies, corporations and private clients, creating and presenting tastings, events, seminars and in-depth courses. Cynthia is a wine writer, a judge at international wine and sake competitions, she consults with restaurants and enotecas developing comprehensive wine lists and food pairings, and she advises clients who want to curate an Italian wine collection. She currently works for Vinitaly International in Verona as a Project Manager, Educator, and the host of VOICES Series on The Italian Wine Podcast, focusing on diversity and inclusion in the global wine industry.
To learn more visit:
Facebook: Italian Wines in English
Let’s keep in touch! Follow us on our social media channels:
If you feel like helping us, donate here www.italianwinepodcast.com/donate-to-show/
Until next time, Cin Cin!